Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Fun

Compaints today...
Today was my first full day back at school all week. I hate being sick. It is my fourth year in the schools... when is my immune system going to be stronger?

I am so overwhelmed with grading and my grad class. This weekend will be devoted to catching up on grading and writing my huge overdue paper. Here's a little taste of all the work I need to do:
Why oh why do I procrastinate? Why am I on blogger instead of working on the above?

Food today...
All right, another weird day with my appetite. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.
B- Oatmeal with cinnamon and a banana
S- Prunes (okay, I just had these for the first time and they are amazing! Like huge, juicy raisins), an apple, and popcorn. One of my goals is to start air popping my own instead of microwaving it.
D- Hamburgers on the grill, watermelon slices
S- Pumpkin pudding (I am obsessed with this easy, semi-healthy dessert)
Grilling hamburgers reminded me of summer and even though burgers are the easiest thing in the world to make I just had to post a picture of our delicious dinner:
Oh yes, that is a Sarkozy's bun. I can't live without that bread.

Schoolio today...
The school year is dragging on and since I have my students for a full year, this time of the year feels like it will never end. We are all sick of each other, kids who are annoying get more annoying, and I start to feel burnt out. Whenever I think of so many of my students, this poem by Gwendolyn Brooks comes to mind:
THE POOL PLAYERS.
SEVEN AT THE GOLDEN SHOVEL.
We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.


This poem makes me so sad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...