Thursday, July 01, 2010

Let's Be Candid

Hello from the iPod! I'm just checking in... We have been so busy the last few days that I haven't had time to do anything blog related.

I just need to put this out there and say it. Having your period in Senegal sucks. Imagine intense humidity (and I mean intense, stick to anything you touch, immediately develop a second skin of sweat humidity) and heat and couple it with cramps and a head cold. Then imagine having to take care of this in a bathroom with no wastebasket, toilet seat (and in some cases toilet) or sink. Yesterday I walked into a bathroom that was a hole in the ground, albeit a very clean porcelin hole, and walked out because I decided to just hold it. This is probably too much information, but, damn. It's really hindering my research here! I wonder what women in the villages outside of the city do during their lady time. I haven't really felt homesick until now.

I will return with a longer and definitely more positive post tomorrow (Nate's birthday, by the way). I am in kind of a funk right now, but if you are a lady, you know as well as I do that the funk magically disappears in 3-5 days. :)

2 comments:

Mr. Weber said...

I have totally been there.

Alyssa said...

Ok, that sucks for sure. On the up side, I love reading your blog, of course it's TMI, it's how you roll, and I like it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...