Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Earworm Wednesday: Throwback Edition

In honor of prom this Saturday, this week's earworm is a throwback to my high school daze days. I remember dancing to this song at prom in 2000. My fifth period senior boys have continually requested to hear it each Friday for the last few weeks and it has been in my head:
All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo

We've been playing it in the last five minutes of class. When it comes on the boys start slow dancing with each other while emotionally singing out the song. It's pretty much the highlight of my week. 

I love the way my students are all about the throwbacks lately. We spend lunch watching what they call "old" Disney and Nickelodeon shows. In the picture below we're watching iCarly, but we've also tackled such classics as:
Hey, Arnold!
Doug
Rugrats
Kim Possible
The Proud Family
Are You Afraid of the Dark? <-- This one was my suggestion but it was deemed "too old" and "too scary." Haters!
Decompressing

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I thought that was the scariest thing ever! Lol

do_it_ajen said...

Haha, I loved it too, although I think it contributed to my fear of clowns. :)

Sloan said...

What? bunch of sissies! I watched Are You Afraid of the Dark? When I was in Kindergarden!
The show that gave me the creeps was Goosebumps.

do_it_ajen said...

I LOVED the Goosebumps books!

L-Kat said...

Oh my! That song really brings back memories for me! And I miss all those cartoons. Thanks for letting me reminisce. :)

sgrmse. said...

so much love in one post!! :D i love blasts from the past!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...