I don't have to have a first day of school tomorrow for the first time in my adult life. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't feel a little nostalgic, especially when I looked back to my very first blog post from 2006.
I loved teaching, but not the anxiety of the the month/week/day/hours before school started.
This weekend, I didn't...
- Go into my classroom to ensure it looks absolutely perfect
- Redo my syllabus after finding one error that no one would really notice, but I know they would notice because students LOVE to correct their teachers
- Make my lunch
- Pick out my first day of school outfit
- Wake up after anxiety dreams in which I wasn't prepared
- Make seating charts
- Lesson plan
- Worry about my to-do list
- Make other to-do lists
- Look at my class lists for siblings of students I've had in the past or students I've had in the past
- Have to leave my end of summer weekend up north early because I wanted to get home so I could mentally prepare myself for the first day of school
I'm so relieved.
I'll be back to blogging about The Purge next week!