Saturday, August 29, 2015

Planning for Whole 30

I have the day off today, so I'm doing some planning for Whole 30. I plan to start this thirty days of super-duper clean eating after Labor Day.

Before I go into a plan I think I can stick with, let me address a question that has already run through my mind: Why Whole 30--why not just eat clean? 

I'm tired of being a slave to sugar. Whole 30 is about making conscious decisions about what you eat. Maybe thirty days of really focusing on being conscious about what I eat will help me get my issues with sugar under control.

I want to see what happens when I make deliberate and conscious decisions about what I eat. I want to think about where it comes from and why I'm eating it when I eat it. I'll miss dark chocolate, honey, and alcohol for thirty days, but it's only thirty days. I think I can do.

Plus, I've never been one of those people who don't think about food. I love food SO MUCH. And loving food is all right, but sometimes I'll eat something, not because I'm hungry, but because it's interesting and it's there. Sometimes I feel like food controls me-- like the 4 Rice Krispie treats I downed in ten minutes because... I don't know... they were there. I'd like to see what thirty days of not doing that looks like.


This plan asks that you eat a lot of meat. I'm going to eat meat, but keep the veg list on hand. 

I'm busy and my work schedule can get crazy. I've been going out to eat an insane amount over the last six months. I think my best bet for this will be routine: Same(ish) breakfast every day, lunch being leftovers or salad, and dinners being made in big batches because I love leftovers.

Resources I'm using as my guide for recipes and tips:
Lazy Girl's Guide to the Whole 30
40 Simple Whole 30 Recipes
Too Busy for Whole 30?
Whole 30 Tips from a Busy Person

I'm out of town for the next few days and I'm going to read It Starts With Food, which is the basis for the Whole 30. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself and NOT do the "I'm about to start eating better in a week, so I'm going to eat everything fun to say goodbye to these fun foods."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...