Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Tunes for Tuesday: Body Love

I've been spending way too much time on Spotify trying to catch up on every "Best of 2015" album. I'm all about 2016-- I just need the year to catch up on music from 2015. Too. Many. Albums. 

In the meantime... 30 Days of Yoga Camp and Whole30 #2 are well under way. I'm only a few days in, but feeling good so far. So thankful for supportive communities. 

I'm part of an online kula, or yoga community. Someone posted this video on our Facebook page and I've watched it at least ten times because I love the song and the message:
The song was made specifically for the ad by Panjabi MC. The song and the ad are badass!

I'm not traditionally "plus size" but I've always considered myself curvy, or as some of my former students used to say with love, I'm thick. I've embraced that about myself over the last few years. All of this yoga has made my body love skyrocket, especially after years of yo-yo dieting and hating myself every time I ate an Oreo or a mozzarella stick. However, I still sass myself about some of the more difficult poses, like every inversion. "You're way too thick to hoist yourself up, girl. Don't even try." Videos like this make me feel like I'll get there if I keep practicing. 
The end of week one for both challenges is quickly approaching. I'm trying to come up with the best way to update everyone on my Year of Thirty Days, so I'll be playing with some different formats this month. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...