Friday, September 28, 2007

Ugh. I'm tired.

Today is homecoming and as a class advisor, I'm going to be BUSY. I want to go home and fit in a nap before chaperoning the dance, but I don't think it's going to happen. I guess I'm going to have to go to Beaners (Oh, my bad, because of complaints about racism, Beaners is now Big B's) and get a few espresso shots.

One thing I hate about chaperoning and that is breaking up the "twerkin'." It is like sex on the floor! It is insane to me. AND "twerkin" is so male dominated. If you don't know what I'm talking about, its basically the guy standing behind the girl grinding (and I mean GRINDING) on her ass and holding onto her hips while she is pretty much bent over and grinding on him. When I say bent over, I mean bent over, touching the floor, or using a friend's shouldars for leverage. I'm all up for dancing, in fact I love it. But something in me gets so disgusted by the way the ladies think it is so sexy to twerk and totally dominated by a male. They probably don't think about it like that, but it just looks sad to me. As one of my students said last year when I told her how she looked, "My mama taught me to dance like this!"

Speaking of twirking, students at our school have been carrying balloons around to represent babies because so many of them failed a test about the menstrual cycle and would be pregnant in real life based on their test results. Come on people!

Oh man... this is going to be a crazy day!

Peace,
Jen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...