Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Earworm Wednesday

Today's Earworm is brought to you by Queen and David Bowie:
I've listened to Under Pressure every day since Sunday. When I was running in the 5k this song came on my iPod. I was like, "Ooooo, good beat! Nice!" But then, it got to this part:
It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming 'Let me out'
Pray tomorrow - gets me higher
and the ending:
 Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more chance
Why can't we give love give love give love give love
give love give love give love give love give love
'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the light
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure
 
And I thought about how crappy this school has been (because I live my life by school years, not year years). It's kind of embarrassing, but I started crying during the 5k because of this song. I think people thought I was crying because I was hurting (during a 5k? Puh-leaze, I'm more badass than that), but it was because I'm just so happy that I have less than a month left of school before it's over. This means I can take the summer off (for real) for the first time since I started teaching, rejuvenate, and start over again. It was a good feeling.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...