Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nervous Conditions: Dramatic Look Edition!

I am SO NERVOUS about the sprint triathlon on Saturday. I feel ready, but I don't really know if I'm ready because I've never done one. I hope I make it through!

My stomach is in knots  and I keep waking up thinking about it. I think I'm excited too, but I'm not sure. It has gotten really cold here (a drop from 94 degrees to 54 degrees... I heart MI) over the last few days and I'm not looking forward to the swim.

To help you understand my melodramatic Larry David-eque anxiety, I'd like to share some of my favorite animal dramatic looks with you. These help take the edge off like the YouTube version of a fine wine:
Prairie Dog, my personal fav.

Owl, because I don't really give a hoot about how cold the water is.

Cat because I'm purrfectly fine.

Lemur because... idk.

And finally, a compilation of dramatic looks set to the music from Inception because I am going to BLOW YOUR MIND when I actually finish this tri.

This week has been so full of ups and downs for me that I decided to make a First World Problem Meme for myself. Oh poor little me... things shaping up academically and professionally, I'm in shape, and I had to miss swim class tonight. Wah, life is so horrible.
Muahahaha... make your own!
Any last minute tips for me before Saturday? Should I swim in my bike shorts or will the pads get waterlogged and make me feel like I peed myself? Should I eat an egg sandwich or a peanut butter and banana sandwich the morning before the race? Should I leave my shoes tied and try and shove my feet into them or just leave them untied? Ah!

:) 
Happy Friday everybody! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...