Saturday, May 05, 2012

Self-Portrait Saturday

Inspired by Dana at Wonder Forest, I've decided to participate in Self-Portrait Saturdays. To me, this means that when I remember to take a picture of myself on Saturdays I will do it-- no matter what I'm wearing, how my hair looks, or where I am.

 

Today's self-portrait is coming to you from our couch after I watched The Office instead of vacuuming, grading papers, writing lesson plans, or doing laundry:
Confession: I didn't wash my hair today. Whatevs.
I finally had a Saturday to myself without a school activity and I spent it eating samples at the first Farmer's Market of the season, hunting for deals at a huge neighborhood garage sale in town, scoring free and cheap swag at a runner's expo, on the couch weighing the pros and cons of finding a new job, and cheering on my friend Alana at the roller derby. I love free time because I fill it with a bunch of other stuff to do besides work and cleaning.
A glimpse into my fun-filled Saturday: I got a sweet new Michigan running shirt, flowers, my 5k race bib, and some Jelly Belly Sport Beans with caffeine.

The couch felt great after all of the aforementioned activity.


Tomorrow is my first 5k since knee surgery in 2008. I hope I finish without effing something up. I'll never forget the sound of my patella tearing. I'm aiming for finishing under 30 minutes. Six years ago I was clocking in at around 24 minutes. Maybe I'll get there again someday.

I'm off to bed to rest up for tomorrow! After I finish the 5k I'm going to ride my bike along the half marathon path until I find my inspiring runner friends and scream lots of encouragement at them. 

I'll leave you with a picture of my new favorite gift-- another item I found in town on my very productive Saturday: Men Crying Magnets. 

Enjoy. I don't know what it is about a man crying that cracks me up so much, but I think these are hilarious:


Goodnight!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the magnets! They are hilarious!! Good Luck today! I know you'll do great!

do_it_ajen said...

Thanks lady... I miss you and I can't wait to see pics of your little one.

Crafty Teacher Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by the Crafty Teacher Lady blog! I'm glad to know my 'shout out' to my high school teacher peeps reached at least one person! Happy Teacher Appreciation week to YOU!

do_it_ajen said...

Aw, I feel so loved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...