Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Graduation Day

*Warning... I'm a little bit emotional lately. Please excuse my cheesiness. :)

Today is graduation day. I've been crying on and off for very different reasons-- happy and bittersweet-- over the last few days. I mean, really... I am crying at the drop of a hat. It's laughable. All of us move on in different ways every single day of our lives. It can be as big as graduating from high school, starting a new job, or making a move. It can be as small as saying "no" to a question, taking a different route to work, or trying a new recipe. That's the beauty of life.

This is a little diddy from a student note that made me cry today:
"You've taught me more than just how to read, you've taught me how to navigate through life with my goals set high and how to push through struggles that may present themselves to me at any moment. You've made sure to teach us all the power of words and actions. Everything you have taught me is honestly leading me to my future and for that I am eternally grateful."

Aw, shoot.

Another student threw this quote at me today when I was struggling with what I'm doing with my life:
[via]
 Teenagers. I love it when they have these sweet moments where they set aside their drama to provide clarity to even the most confused adult.

Congrats to the Class of 2012. They taught me a lot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome.

Kristin Miller said...

This was so sweet! I'm so OVER my 5th graders, but they'll see me bawling at their graduation I'm sure. They're my first set of first grade students graduating, so I've been teaching for over 4 years! GAH!

Nicole Pyles said...

How sweet!!!!!!

Crafty Teacher Lady said...

What you said about teenagers at the end of the post is SO TRUE! And a little 'thank you note' from one of them goes such a long way!

do_it_ajen said...

Yes, I'm going to work with middle schoolers next year so I will miss their antics. Time for a whole new set of insight... I love the idealism and eagerness of middle schoolers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...