Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Earworm Wednesday: Video Bomb Radiohead Edition!

On Sunday I am seeing Radiohead-- my all time favorite band-- for the third time!
Precious ticket.
My love of Radiohead started in seventh grade when the Romeo+Juliet (oh, Leo) soundtrack came out and I first heard the song "Talk Show Host." This was my favorite movie in seventh grade (angsty!) and the song "Exit Music for a Film" was in the credits.

 In high school I wrote an article for my high school paper about how much I wanted to see them live and I finally got to see them for the first time in 2001 at Grant Park in Chicago. I saw them again in 2008 in Indianapolis. They are playing in Detroit on Monday, but they will be at the Palace and I'd much rather catch an outdoor show. Oh. Em. Gee. I can't wait for Sunday!

In honor of my 14 years of love for this band, I am posting my current favorite song from each album.

Pablo Honey

The Bends


OK Computer


Kid A

Amnesiac

Hail to the Thief

In Rainbows

The King of Limbs

Bonus! How about a single and a live recording??? 
and
Best. Band. Ever.

The Hubs and I worked on our budget and it looks like we won't be able to go to as many live shows next year. I'm going to enjoy this one as much as I can.

Does anyone else love Radiohead as much as I do? If so, let's be friends. If not, listen, and let's be friends anyway.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Enjoy! I love Radiohead and I know several people who will be at the concert on Sunday as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...