Tuesday, May 28, 2013

30b430 Goal #23 and A Birthday


Well, well, well... looks like I've reached my 200th blog post right on my 30th birthday! 
Cheers and beers. 
Here is the list as complete as it can be. I owe you a few blog posts and you'll see them soon. I didn't finish everything, but damn, I've learned a lot. My life is completely different today than it was when I first wrote my list a year and half ago. It's been a blast recording my journey to thirty and sharing it with all of you. Just because I'm turning thirty today, it doesn't mean that I'm done. I will finish all of these things, sooner or later. I'm a pretty determined lady. :)
5. Play the piano in front of people.
6. Visit my family in the Philippines (or at least have tickets booked by my 30th birthday).
7. Have a conversation with a dear Senegalese friend in French or Wolof (preferably Wolof).
8. Visit my grandparents in California.
9. Pop a champagne cork with no fear.
10. Make leche flan (it's Filipino, it's amazing, and I'm makin' it).
11. Jar or can veggies, pickles, sauce... something.
12. Revised 5/1/12 because I remembered that I'm supposed to graduate in December and my Master's degree is really important to me!!! Get my Master's degree and submit some of my academic writing and then, maybe, you know... get it published.
13. Travel out of the country with Nate.
14. Pay off at least 50% of my remaining undergraduate credit card debt.
15. Sing karaoke by myself in Kalamazoo in front of all of my friends.
16. Eat clean for one month.
18. Write at least one chapter of the novel that I write in my mind while I'm walking the dogs.
19. Thank my mom for everything she's done for me.
20. Go further into the UP than the Mystery Spot tourist trap and jump into Lake Superior.
21. Get chosen for one more summer fellowship in another country where I am able to work with youth.
22. Go on a police ride along.
23. Get to 200 blog posts.
25. Attend roller derby training so I can learn the moves.
28. Learn how to drive a stick.
29. Go horseback riding.8/8/12
30. Poach an egg perfectly.

Here's to being thirty, flirty, and thriving, right?
Hehe.

2 comments:

Sloan said...

Since I turned 20 this year I've been thinking of doing a 30 before 30 because of your list and how hard you have worked on it. I mean you have like maybe 5 left on the list to do, that is impressive! Thank You Mrs. Young-Heymoss for being so inspiring. I hope you have a terrific birthday, as you will most likely, you always find a way to have fun. :)
One of your previous students,
Sloan Comes

do_it_ajen said...

SLOAN!!!! Do it! And thanks. You're amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...