Is it really only 13 days until my 30th?
Geez. Good thing I've been slowly working on my goal list! I'd better start writing.
Today, I'm going to talk about something I did on a snow day with one of my best buds: I poached an egg. I realized why this task has always been so hard for me. I'm an extremely anxious person and it translates in the way I tried poaching eggs prior to this snow day. My method was to stir the water frantically, panic when strings of egg whites started coming off of the egg, overstir to compensate, and the break the yolk. Now I know the key to poaching eggs: Patience and calm. Duh.
Step one: Read blog posts about how to poach eggs. Go to your friend's house and get started!
Step two: JUST LET THE EGG SIT IN THE WATER. Stop touching and messing with it! Geez.
Step four: Point at your poached egg with a mix of joy and wonder on your face.
|I can't believe it! Thanks DWebb!|
Step five: Make it look beautiful on your plate.
|I should have made hollandaise!|
Voila. I can poach eggs, as long as I set my anxiety aside. Goal complete!
5. Play the piano in front of people.
6. Visit my family in the Philippines (or at least have tickets booked by my 30th birthday).
7. Have a conversation with a dear Senegalese friend in French or Wolof (preferably Wolof).
9. Pop a champagne cork with no fear.
11. Jar or can veggies, pickles, sauce... something.
2. Revised 5/1/12 because I remembered that I'm supposed to graduate in December and my Master's degree is really important to me!!! Get my Master's degree and submit some of my academic writing and then, maybe, you know... get it published.
13. Travel out of the country with Nate.
15. Sing karaoke by myself in Kalamazoo in front of all of my friends.
16. Eat clean for one month.
19. Thank my mom for everything she's done for me.
20. Go further into the UP than the Mystery Spot tourist trap and jump into Lake Superior.
22. Go on a police ride along.
23. Get to 200 blog posts.
28. Learn how to drive a stick.