Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Earworm Wednesday: An Identity Song

I found my Wednesday Earworm yesterday while I was searching for identity songs to discuss with an after school program I'm working with. One of my favorite activities to do with youth I'm just getting to know is to have a listening party. We all pick songs that show who we are right now at this point in our life and we play the best thirty second clip from that song for each other. It always promises to be a good afternoon.
I also got to play around on Rap Genius, which I haven't done since the site first started. I spent way too much time on there yesterday. 

Plus, Kendrick Lamar samples Who's that Lady by the Isley Brothers, which makes the song even better.

When I was obsessed with the movie Almost Famous, I learned in the commentary of the movie that when he was younger, Cameron Crowe used to make a mix tape each week to show how he was feeling that week. That always stuck with me, which is why I love these listening parties. 

Have a great Wednesday, my friends. I've been blogging like a fiend this month because I'm gearing up for NaNoWriMo. I need to get my writing chops warmed up. But on the opposite end of that note, I will be taking a few days off for some fall camping. See you next week! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...