Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Tunes for Tuesday: Hole

A few weekends ago, my good friend Katrina came over to my house and opened up a whole new world for me by showing me the Smule karaoke app. I think we spent about four hours karaoking to the tunes of the 90s and early 2000s. I haven't been on the app since for fear of falling into a time hole and realizing that I just spent the whole night karaoking with myself, but I have been listening to some of my favorite girl power ladies of the 90s since then. Sometimes I get so caught up in how much I loved 90s R&B that I forget about my love of Lisa Loeb and company. 

Jewel and Pieces of You?
Check. 

Alanis Morisette and Jagged Little Pill?
Oh yeah. 

The Cranberries and To the Faithful Departed?
Hells yeah. 

That reminds me, did anyone else get in trouble for this sweet CD deal in the 90s?
'Cuz you know it cost way more than a penny. 

Anyway, one of my favorites was Hole. I remember when Celebrity Skin came out in 1998 and Courtney Love had an image makeover that made everyone mad because people thought she was going soft. I thought it was awesome. Malibu is one of my favorite songs from the album. I even went out and bought the single (remember when that was a thing?) when it came out and played it on repeat until the CD started skipping.
Happy Tuesday! What were some of your favorite girl power songs of the 90s?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...