Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Earworm Wednesday: FKA twigs, Balance, and Strengths

Before I get into some of my random life updates, I need to talk about FKA twigs because I've been streaming the Pandora station for the last two weeks. Speaking of two weeks, Two Weeks is my JAM right now and is my most recent earworm:
Give it a listen.

The other day, I saw this quote on a friend's Facebook page and I can't stop thinking about it:
I've been so grossly busy with work and work and work that I'm having a hard time finding balance. Work is going to be demanding-- it's the nature of my job right now, hopefully not always. Plus, I love working and I LOVE my job. I can't imagine not working. But what I need to do is find a way to balance and live and just breathe. 

I've been trying some yoga at home since I don't want to wake up at 5:00am to make it to a class and I can't make the late classes because I want to hang with dogs and the Hubs. Also, budgeting has been kicking my ass and those classes are expensive! I found Yoga with Adrienne a few weeks ago and I love her. She's funny and real-- I don't feel like she's being fake in her humor and dorkiness. This is the morning practice I did today:
WHEW! I was definitely energized at the end of my practice. I was sweating. I'm going to stick with Adrienne and see if I can't find the balance I've been looking for. Plus, it'd be nice to be able to feel flexible and not stiff again. 

I'm part of a leadership program here in Kalamazoo and I'm so excited about connecting with leaders in Kalamazoo and growing my own skills. As you might have noticed in one of my last blog posts, I try to avoid confrontation. I want to work on that. Last night, I took the Clifton StrengthsFinder as part of the leadership program. It was my second time in two years taking it and I've switched careers and feel like a different person than I was two years ago. I was wondering-- will my strengths be the same or not? 

They were different than before. I'm still trying to figure out what it means. 
If you want to know more about me, here are my top five strengths two years ago:
1. Ideation
2. Positivity
3. Learner
4. Achiever
5. Woo

and now:

1. Learner
2. Communication
3. Positivity
4. Strategic
5. Input

What does it mean?!

Some people think doing the StrengthsFinder is like reading a horoscope-- you read it and say, "YEAH! That's totally me." Power of suggestion. I disagree. It gives you talking points for your strengths instead of your weaknesses-- something self-deprecating people like me need. 

On that note, have a happy Wednesday! I'll be out there looking for balance and trying to figure out my strengths while listening to FKA twigs. Muah. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...