Sunday, November 16, 2014

Slow it Down.

One of my friends posted this on her website in June:
[via]
When I first saw this, I thought, "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, crazy lady?! You gotta speed up and live! Shove as much as you can into a day!"

I immediately thought of this saying today after I rolled my ankle while attempting to go for a cold weather run. Can I just quickly say that when you fall on your face in the summer, you are probably falling in dog pee, but in the winter you feel more disgusted by it because you can actually see the yellow snow everywhere after you fall. Gross.

I was hoping my Sunday would be full of laundry, organizing some paperwork, preparing for a presentation, weather-proofing all of my boots, and cooking. Then I couldn't do any of those things because I can't put any weight on my ankle. I usually hate being immobilized, but I just spent the last five hours icing my ankle on and off and watching Netflix and Hulu. It felt great.

Yes, the next few weeks are going to suck, especially since I was just getting back into an exercise routine, but hey-- that's how it goes. I'm going to stick to the pool and some strengthening exercises and try to keep it together until the ankle heals. That's how I roll. Get it?

Here's to trying to find the good in even the shittiest of things. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...