Saturday, January 03, 2015

Why, Body, Why?!

I've had the last two weeks off and I've spent them being sick. 
WTF?! 
UGH, so frustrating. I had plans for this break, but my body just decided to shut down on me. I haven't been able to work out except for some gentle yoga and I think I've been taking four naps a day. How is my body going to adjust to going back to work?

The worst part about this sickness is that there doesn't appear to be any medicine for it. I went to the doctor twice and both times she just said in no uncertain terms, "Buck up and wait it out. It's a virus." REALLY?! Nothing? Not even a placebo. Not even cough syrup for my hacking cough.
There's nothing like starting a new year feeling totally unhealthy and like there is no way you will ever be healthy again. I've never been sick for this long. I was a three-days-of-feeling-horrible-and-then-feeling-back-to-normal kind of sick person. Maybe getting into my 30s means being sick for inordinate amounts of time. 
Wah.

Wah.

Wah!

So, this is my first blog post of 2015. Seems like a promising year, eh? 
-___-
Hope all of you are in tip-top shape! Seriously, I do. 

3 comments:

RockStarTri said...

Feel better.

BTW: if you think getting into your 30s means being sick for inordinate periods of time, wait - it gets worse.

do_it_ajen said...

Nooooooooo!

BroJoe said...

Actually,I have to say, the thirties aren't bad at all, you just have to adjust.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...