Thursday, June 21, 2012

Four

Today we celebrate four years of marriage.
From our ceremony:

love is a place by e.e. cummings

love is a place
& through this place of
love move
(with brightness of peace)
all places

yes is a world
& in this world of
yes live
(skillfully curled)
all worlds
Yep, it rained and we got married in a garage.
The rain cleared just in time for barefoot dancing in the grass, so who cares?
Last year I made a video of memories from our dating and married life (ten years y'all) which I am reposting today because I love it. Sometimes I will pull this up when we get into silly spats about clearing the dish drain or picking up the dog poo.
 

Four things I've learned and loved about being married in the last four years:
1. I've learned it's shocking but true: I'm not always right. ;)
2. I've loved the nights we spend just hanging out, drinking beer, and talking. It reminds we of when we first met.
3. I've learned to use "I feel" statements correctly. They really are quite helpful for people who don't know how to communicate!
4. I've loved laughing.

He's the best. He's my best friend and my partner for life. 


We'll be in Chicago today to celebrate by doing our two favorite things: Eating and drinking!

Two and Two

1 comment:

psychelyn said...

wow, congratulations for a sweet and successful marriage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...