Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Purge Project Part 5: Gettin' Rid of the Green Weekend

Catch up before you read today's post... you know, if you feel like it:

Cleaning and purging my office led me to decide that I HATED the minty green color on the walls.
When we bought the house, we painted the house. At the end of day three of painting, the room was still its original navy blue and we'd already painted the kitchen, living room, hallways, guest room, and bathroom. We were tired. We were also broke. Painting a whole house is expensive!
Yeah, it's not full of junk, but it wasn't my style. 
We took the green from the living room, which I love, and added a bunch of white to it. Then we slapped the paint on the walls to cover the horribly dark navy blue. It was the tired and broke way to put a fresh coat of paint on the walls.

When I finally had a blank canvas, I would walk into the room and think, "Ugh. Mint." 

The Hubs and I took a break from home improvement on Saturday for a delicious and beautiful adventure to Fennville. We headed over to Salt of the Earth for woodfired pizza and a woodfire toasted s'more (with homemade marshmallow, nom, nom, nom). If you are in West Michigan and haven't yet dined at Salt of the Earth, it is highly recommended. Yes, it is a little pricey, but main ingredients come from a fifty-mile radius. And the meats. Oh, the meats. It's worth it once or twice a year.

Okay, I'm done with my food talk.

We found a little beach called Pier Cove and made it just in time for the sunset. I love Michigan and being close to Lake Michigan. We've discussed what it would take to move away from the mitten. I think I would always come back because nature. Saturday night was one of those extremely satisfying evenings that makes you smile when you think about it for the next few days.
Sunday was the day everything had to be done because people were coming to the house for dinner. I scheduled it that way to ensure that I didn't get lazy and leave the project unfinished-- I've been known to do that. I put a THIRD coat of paint on the purple wall (ugh) and finished the gray. The Hubs and I moved the overstuffed bookshelf, finished the closet (he had the brilliant idea to put books across the top to relieve the overstuffed bookshelf), and hung pictures.
This room isn't finished, but it's getting there. I keep peeking my head in to appreciate the colors. In my "research" on painting rooms via Pinterest and Google, I read that cool colors in an office are calming and help you feel less stressed. I don't know if the calm is coming from the order of the room or the colors. I think both. 

 Coming soon when I finally have money to get everything else that I want to get, which means November
Side by side pictures of the room at the beginning, middle, and end. Finally. 

Will I be able to keep it together until November when you see the final reveal? 
I hope so. I would be very disappointed in myself if I went back to my hoarding ways. 

Other posts in this series:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...